If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Born to Run video

I got an email from Sara Eagle of Random House publishers with a link to a Youtube video made by Christopher McDougall, author of Born to Run:


I'm amazed at the mileage I've put in over the last couple of weeks without any real problems (knock on wood). I did 24 miles yesterday and 32 today and feel good. I've tried to straighten my back more (like he does in the video) when I'm running and getting my feet to land flatter and under my hips more. I've been able to run faster just by doing this. Most of my long runs have been around 7:50 - 8:00 per mile but I averaged yesterday's 24 at 7:24 and today's was 7:22. Go figure. Ran the first two hours today without music to start getting into Belgium-mode where they don't let you have ipods during the World events.

1 comment:

Scott said...

While watching the "Born to run" video, do you listen to Springsteen's "Born to run". Do you actually visualize being born while running?
Actually the video was pretty cool. When do you leave for Belgium?