If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Coincidence

Fellow World 100km team mate, Jen Dick, sent me some photos with a bit of a story: 

The parents of one of her friends in England (Jen lives there as well) had gone to Greece last September for a holiday.  They happened to be in a little town called Sparta on the 30th and noticed a running race was going on.   They hung out near the finish line watching the participants complete the event.  Her friend's Dad managed to take some photos of some of the finishers and showed them to Jen when they returned home because they knew she is an ultrarunner and thought she'd be interested in looking at them.  Here's what he took:





He just took these random photos of me and showed them to someone from England who happened to know me.  Weird, eh?  




1 comment:

Rob Mackay said...

Great shots Darin.

The Canada hat must be mandatory gear :)

My blog post about you is coming soon but I'll send it to you ahead of time.

Rob