If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Spartathlon info

There have been many people who have helped me get to where I am today, not just in this race or other races but life in general. If you're reading this then you most likely are one of them and I thank and appreciate you.
Carrie has been a rock for so long I take it for granted that she's always going to do what she can for me without even me asking. I mean, she volunteered to come to Greece to help crew, for goodness sake!!! What a trooper. The whole family has been very supportive and understanding for so many years, including both sets of parents who will be here looking after the kids while we're away.

Other major contributors that can't not be mentioned are:
Jim Stewart from Cactus Club Cafe who helped out huge with airfare this year.
Ferg Hawk from Carbo Pro who without his help I would have bonked many times over.
Darren Mealing of Adidas and the gang at Peninsula Runners who have kept me clothed and shod in comfort for years now.
Ian Mayhew from Gears and Tears who coached me throughout all my injuries and whining and complaining and put up with all my stupid questions

The event begins this Friday, the 26th, at 7am in Greece. That's Thursday the 25th at 9pm Vancouver time. Apparently there will be athlete tracking along the way, so feel free to check in throughout Friday.

Not sure about internet connections during race time but Ian will have his laptop so maybe they will be able to post updates along the way. Stay tuned to this website for those. You can also track athletes on the Spartathlon website (under the home page menu find Live).

Here's to finishing!!!

2 comments:

Peter F said...

Hi Darin
It is to nice having a runner from the Commonwealth joining us British runners in the Spartathlon.
I fly into Greece from London on Wednesday morning. Maybe we will meet.
Peter Foxal race #3

don said...

Good luck! I am sure it will be an amazing experience. Can't wait to read all about it.