If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rune Larsson quote

Rune Larsson is a ten time finisher of Spartathlon with the 23rd fastest time ever in 24:41. I read an article he wrote with his advice on how to approach the race. It seemed very informative and my favourite quote was:

"Set a clear goal. The goal should be related to Sparta. I used to have the Sparta Hospital as my goal. If I ran hard enough, I would be taken by ambulance to the hospital, where the doctor and nurses would give me the best care a collapsed runner could ask for. When I got exhausted towards the end of the race, I enjoyed the sensation, because it was a clear sign that I was on my way to being worthy an ambulance ride after touching the statue of King Leonidas."

That's giving it all you've got!!

No comments: