If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Remembrance Day Run

I ran to work yesterday, November 11th. I thought, What better way to observe this day, because I couldn't go to the usual ceremony at the Legion, than to do an 11 mile run to honour those that gave so much? Now I know that this doesn't seem like much of a tribute, but it's all I could think of.
The rain was pelting and the temperature biting. I was happy and cheerful the whole way. No amount of rain or cold or injury or suffering I could ever endure in my lifetime would equal one day of what those men and women went through to ensure we live the lives we do.

No comments: