If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Friday, November 4, 2011

For the Record

Tomorrow's Whistler 50 mile is looking to be a cold one starting the day at minus 4 or so. Could warm up to plus 2 so that's awesome. My predictions:

ultimate goal is sub-6:00 which I've never run for this length of a race, a 7:10 per mile or so pace.
secondary goal is sub-6:30 which should be doable.
outside goal is finish before the sun goes down

I think Chris Downie is going in as the favourite. He's been fast for a few years now so I plan to run my own race at my own pace and try for my first goal and not chase him and blow up. It will be nice to have someone to chase, though.

No comments: