If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Crunch

As usual it's coming down to Crunchtime: the last few weeks before a race where I fret that I haven't done enough mileage. So, like in the past, I go out a little too much and end up tired, unmotivated, discouraged, broken. A day after the marathon I did a 32 mile road run followed the next day with a 23 mile trail run. Surprisingly I'm not too tired, I'm still raring to go for Gib, I want to do the race, but I may be a bit broken. My left shin is acting up a bit but I think it's close enough to race day that I can baby it for the next couple weeks. Tomorrow is the Around the Lake 30k at Cultus Lake that I'm using primarily as a speedier workout on a soft surface. If the shin gets bad I'll be taking most of next week off to get it to hopefully heal up a bit.

No comments: