If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Sunday, September 6, 2009

More Barefootin'

The leg is feeling definitely better than a couple weeks ago and I think I might actually be able to finish the Commonwealth 100k. The day after my last 25 miler I did a :30 recovery run with my Adidas racing flats and the last :10 I went barefoot on the road. Later in the day I felt like there were some small abrasions on the pads of the toes and the ball of the foot but it was gone the next day.
So today I was almost home from 23 miles and decided to do the same: :10 of no shoes. Trying to concentrate on form and looking out for rocks took my mind off how the legs were feeling after 22 miles so that was one upside of barefeet.
Was also at the ice rink the last two days for Elias' hockey games, no problems. Plus went to the movie theatre last night sans shoes, much to the chagrin of Carrie and the horror of the other couple we went with. I'll make this thing mainstream yet.

No comments: