If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Monday, August 13, 2007

MdS Update

As some may know I've withdrawn my name from the Marathon des Sables in Morocco which takes place next March. One of the reasons for this lies in the fact that I don't feel the lure of this race that I do for others. Money and time are the other reasons. The amount of both needed to be invested in the race at this point would be wasted, as my heart is definitely not in it. One day I may decide to do it or others like it but for now I have other races that limited funds can be directed to.

Now to a more positive note, I have been once again chosen to represent Canada at the World 100km Championships this time in Winschoten, Netherlands, on September 8th. This would not have been possible without the generous support from Jim Stewart at the Cactus Club Cafe in South Surrey. With his contribution it's taken a lot of pressure off going and made the decision easier. I know, I know, it is only two weeks after Ironman but I didn't want to lose my base fitness (ha!). I should be recovered enough to run 10 laps of 10km and hopefully the cycling base will make up for the lack of long-distance running. Of importance is I have Carrie's blessing as it is a tough time for her right at the beginning of the school year and she'll be very busy those first few days and I won't be here to help. Luckily I have a great support network of parents, in-laws, and friends that will step up and give her a hand. Like I've said before, nothing I've ever done could have been done without the help of so many. But first I need to cross the line in Penticton......

No comments: