If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting the New Year right

So the New Year started out with a splash at our usual spot at Crescent Beach (5th year running) with six of us going in and out very quickly. I know I said I was starting my running program on the 1st but, what can I say? I didn't. I did, however, do it on the treadmill on the 2nd at work. 10x 1min walk, 1min run. Whew what a workout. Yesterday I strapped on the Fivefingers and went through the trails near the house doing the same workout. I was wanting the trails because of the softer surface but with the cold we've had lately the ground was like asphalt anyways. Still a feel-good workout. Actually yesterday was a mini out of order triathlon: Swim 1600m, run 3 miles, bike to work 18km.
The swim pretty much went how I thought it would: crappy. Three weeks without running - no problem. Three weeks without riding - ha! I wouldn't even notice. Three weeks without swimming and I'm sinking like a rock all over again. I'm hitting it again today to keep the fun rolling.

No comments: