If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lately

Still no running for me. I'm thinking the shin splints may be a stress fracture due to the time it's taking to get better. Usually it's a couple weeks off and I'm back on the roads. There hasn't been a lot of change in the weeks since the race but I'm pretty sure that's due to doing the race. As the snow comes down I can't really get too excited about not being able to run, I'll stick to the bike and swimming. Plus there's still some shocks left in the bone stimulator that I used on my foot back in the spring so have been applying that to my shin the last few days.
Speaking of the bike, I was out last week in a frigid wind and if I didn't have an errand to do I would have turned and ridden the tailwind back in a heartbeat. I'm back in the pool, up to 10 x 150m. Ultraman here I come!! Went out on the bike again yesterday before the latest snow and froze terribly. I'm convinced I don't have enough clothes in my wardrobe to ward off the elements for more than 45 minutes at a time. I have to bounce from coffee shop to coffee shop to keep the feeling in my fingers.

No comments: