If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Friday, August 27, 2010

Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc Cancelled

This is from the North Face website:

The Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc has been cancelled 31 miles in due to severe weather. High altitude weather in the mountains is not passable and not safe.

A press conference will be taking place in 1 hour back in Chamonix with the race director. The athletes are returning to Chamonix. Additional information and updates will be provided then, within the next hour or so.

We will update as soon as we have information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's awful! All that anticipation and it's over just like that? Better to not mess with Mother Nature though. Hope Darin's not too disappointed.
Barb