If the miles behind me could be put into words before you, you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires. Most of all you would see my joy. Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see ...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Swimming?!?! WTF?!? + a video

Hey I did something yesterday I haven't done in over a year - I swam (swum?) Other than my 50m or so in the Mediterranean when I was in Italy:



Before that it was in the pool about two months after Ironman in August of '07. I went there thinking I could do 20 x 100m. I did them on 2 minutes with each 100 being around 1:40. After 10 I thought my arms were going to fall off so I threw out the 20 and compromised at 15 instead of stopping at 10. My arms today are sore and my shoulders ain't happy with me either. Seeing as I signed up for the triathlon at the World Police Fire Games next August I have to get in the water eventually. I thought about doing it straight off the couch but as it's an open water swim I figure I should practice a bit. Another reason I'm doing that event is because it's two minutes down the hill from us at Crescent Beach. How cool is that? I'll put the course map on here once they have it on the WPFG site.

Now for the video part:

Ferg Hawke let it be known that he has the video of his Badwater race available. You can buy it and/or view the trailer at

The Distance of Truth

I have yet to watch it but am looking forward to an evening of beer and popcorn to laugh at the craziness of it all.

No comments: